- aloo gobhi, aloo sabji, asafoetida, Australia, baisakhi, baking, black pepper, bread, bread pakora, burgers, butter naan, cake, cardamom, chaat, Chicken, Chicken Vindaloo, Chickpeas, chilli, christmas, cinnamon, cloves, cookies, Cooking, coriander seeds, cumin, Curry, cutlet, Dal, digestives, egg, egg cutlet, Eggplant, fast food, fasting, fenugreek, Festival, food, Gajar Halwa, garlic, ginger, ginger bread, Green peas, Groceries, haldi, Halwa, health, healthy living, home, Home Food, idli, india, Indian Cuisines, indian dish, Indian Food, Indian Spices, indian street food, Indian Sweet, italian food, jaggery, jalebi, jeera, kalakand, khakara, kheer, kitchen, kitchen hacks, laddoo, ladoo, lamb, lifestyle, makhana, matar paneer, medu vada, natural digestives, Navratri, organic, pakistani dish, pakistani spices, palak paneer, paneer, pasta, Pav Bhaji, potato, pudding, rajma, ready to eat, red sauce pasta, rogan josh, sabudana, saffron, sambar, soup, soups, soups and sauces, south indian dish, Spices, street food, suji halwa, Sweet Dish, turmeric, uttapam, vacations, vada
- 28 Feb, 2023
1 cup Rajma
1 tbsp Green Chillies, roughly chopped
2 tsp Garlic Butter, roughly chopped
1 tsp Ginger, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 cup Onions, finely chopped
1 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
½ tsp Coriander Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Kasuri Methi
Salt to taste
Steps to prepare Punjabi Rajma
- Start by soaking the 1 cup of rajma in enough water in a deep bowl for 6-8 hours. Drain well.
- Put rajma in the pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water and ½ tsp of salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles on low flame.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not drain the water. Keep aside.
- Now ground green chilies, ginger, and garlic in a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep pan with a heavy bottom and add the cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green chili-garlic-ginger paste and tomatoes, mix well, and cook on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes while stirring Occasionally.
- Add the rajma along with the water, mix well, and cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes, while mashing it lightly with a potato masher, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Serve the rajma hot with jeera rice, steamed rice, laccha paratha, or roti.